Consortium for Scenario Planning 2021 Conference
The fourth annual Consortium for Scenario Planning Conference goes digital in January 2021! This cutting-edge event will feature interactive presentations by the Wasatch Front Regional Council and dozens of practitioners, consultants, and academics who use scenarios to develop more equitable and inclusive places, address economic and environmental challenges, respond to infrastructural needs, and more.
Registration is now open! The call for session proposals is closed.
Program highlights will include:
- learning about the evolution of scenario planning in Salt Lake City, including a virtual tour of the region from WFRC;
- virtual networking opportunities;
- facilitated interactive group sessions;
- panel discussions on equity and low-growth issues in scenario planning with top researchers; and
- “unconference” programming developed by conference attendees.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues and contact Heather Hannon, Scenario Planning Manager, at email@example.com with questions or to learn more about sponsorship opportunities.
Initial Conference Agenda: Wednesday-Friday 11am-5pm EST
Day 1: Wednesday
- Keynote by Rebecca Ryan, futurist
- Wasatch Front Regional Council: Scenario Planning Past, Present, and Future including virtual tours of local projects
Day 2: Thursday
- Equity and Scenario Planning RFP Projects Panel Discussion
- Using CommunityViz for Policies after Kilauea Volcano Eruption
- From Scenario Planning to Transit Implementation
- Rebuilding for a Resilient Recovery: Planning for Wildfires in California
- Decline, Growth, or Both: Uncertainty in Legacy Cities
- WaterSim: Teaching Future Decision Makers Using Exploratory Scenarios
- Future Scenarios for Transportation, Housing, and the Economy
- Introduction to Exploratory Scenario Planning
Day 3: Friday
- Scenario Planning for Slow Grow or Decline RFP Projects Panel Discussion
- Measuring Equity Outcomes in GHG Mitigation using Scenario Planning
- Dispatches from the Future
- Scenario Planning as Public Education and Engagement
- Scenario Planning Toolkit for Shrinking Cities
- Scenario Planning for CAVs: Equity Outcomes and Neighborhood Scale
- Driving Sustainable Policy with Scenario Planning
- Unconference sessions
Watch the video on the Consortium for Scenario Planning Conference